Several comments about Butterfly Beach:
1) Dogs must be on leash. I think the fine is upward of $150. That would would easily pay for brunch for the owner and the dog at the Biltmore.
2) Butterfly Beach is overseen by the County Parks Department. It is called a "Community Beach" because there are no bathrooms or paved parking. It is a beach intended for a "short stay," or for those who are within walking distance. Should you or the dog have to pee, go elsewhere.
3) The homeowners across the street from the beach, including Ty Warner, actually own the sand to the mean high tide line; so careful if you are setting up a wedding, you could be asked to leave thier property.
4) There is NO alcohol on BB. Not even a sunset glass of wine. Again the fines are pretty steep, so not worth the risk. The Sheriff monitors this beach, under the watchful eye of the homeowners.
5) You have a fact-checker in Montecito. You should call her from time to time. ;-)