L O C A L E V E N T
College Planning Workshop
Thursday May 17, 2012
You will learn:
• How to select colleges that will provide you with the best financial aid package.
• How to lower your out-of-pocket costs and maximize your student’s financial aid eligibility.
• Why would it benefit you to have a professional to complete your FAFSA/CSS forms.
• How to pay for college without using expensive private loans, emptying out your retirement accounts, or depending on 529 plans.
• How to increase your tax credits and tax deductions.
• How to send your child to an expensive private school for less than what you would pay for a public one.
• Your family contribution—how is it calculated by the Department of Education.
• How to increase your student’s SAT and ACT scores.
Talk with Cindy Cole, former head counselor at DPHS, about how best to prepare your child to stand out from the other outstanding applicants.
Goleta Public Library
500 N. Fairview Ave
Carrillo Recreation Center
100 E. Carrillo Street
Reservations Required. Call Matt at 805-569-7666 X 6
or email to Matt@andersonfs.com
# # # #
# # # #
Be the first to comment on this article.